So you’re ready to conquer the YouTube universe. And you’re ready to make money in the process, but how?
Use these five steps to get started monetizing your YouTube Channel:
Step 1: Create a YouTube channel (use this: click)
- Post content every week for 10 weeks.
- Aim for 10-15 videos in total and make sure to ask all your watchers to ‘subscribe’ to grow your channel.
Step 2: Plan your attack.
- There are a number of ways to make money off of your channel, so you want to plan in order and then crisply execute. Your money making opportunities include:
- Paid sponsorships
- Affiliate partnerships
- Re-routing to your business holdings company
Step 3: Get 10k subscribers.
- Why? Because once you get to $10k – you can automatically turn on ads on your channel. Then as your content develops and grows, the rates that you’re paid per content piece while adjusting based on the quality of your channel, content, and overall growth. Make no mistake: this alone can make you $100k+ if you focus on it.
Step 4: Intelligently Route to your business.
- A YouTube channel = media company. All media captures the imagination of humans and makes them feel something to act on: a laugh, cry, an action, a purchase, or nothing at all – but all content is meant to influence. With your business, use both the 1) above the fold description and 2) pinned comment to feature a clickable link to increase business website traffic. This can directly impact your sales and $.
Step 5: Think sponsorships.
- 2 Types –
- #1) Paid partnerships
- #2) Affiliate partnerships.
- Start with affiliate partnerships for the first 6 months of your channel. You will get paid a commission for every sale.
- After 6 months of data -> turn that into a 1-slider (on google docs) that shares: product, traffic, link clicks, and purchases your channel as created for the brand ($).
- Then, use this 1-pager to close the deal on paid partnerships for your channel (more $).